ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATES & PROBATE
Managing the estate of a loved one can be a time-consuming and stressful experience. At Stratford Solicitors, our team is on hand to take the management of the estate and probate process off your shoulders.
The death of a loved one can be a difficult time and the last thing you should have to worry about is the stress of the administration of the deceased’s estate. This process can be managed quickly and sensitively with the help of a dedicated solicitor, ensuring your loved one’s estate is distributed to his or her chosen benefactors in accordance with their last wishes.
Applying for probate, identifying the contents and value of the estate, paying inheritance tax and preparing estate accounts can all be time-consuming tasks, especially if you don’t have the right legal support. Our team can take the burden of managing the administration of your loved one’s estate off your shoulders.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Ascertaining assets and liabilities of the deceased
- Preparing the accounts for the capital taxes office
- Ensuring that the correct amount of inheritance tax is paid
- Drafting of oaths for executors or administrators
- Obtaining grants of probate if the deceased had made a Will
- Obtaining grants of letters of administration if the deceased had not made a Will
- Preparing the estate accounts for the personal representatives of the estate
- Collecting in the assets of the estates and discharging the liabilities
- Dealing with the distribution of assets from the estate to the relevant beneficiaries
- Ensuring any Income Tax liability incurred either prior to death or post death is met by the assets of the deceased’s estate
Why Stratford Solicitors
At Stratford Solicitors, we are highly experienced in estate administration and probate, the Principal of our firm, Nick Stratford, a registered trust and estates practitioner.
We understand that administering an estate can be a stressful experience, which is why we work around you and your schedule, providing appointments during evenings and weekends and even at your home.
When it comes to estate administration and probate, how much we charge will depend on the nature and complexity of the estate in question.
However, in some cases, it is possible to provide an indication of. These include:
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate only: a fixed fee of £575 plus VAT.
- Administering a straightforward estate that does not involve paying Inheritance Tax: around £1,250 to £2,750 plus VAT.
For the administration of an estate where Inheritance Tax will need to be paid, we will provide you with a bespoke quote, the minimum fee for this kind of matter is £3,000 plus VAT.
In addition to any fees, additional monies known as disbursements may need to be paid to third parties on your behalf.
For more information on our fees and to receive a tailored quote, get in touch with our team on 01625 878 204.